Controllers of Personal Information Any personal information provided to or to be gathered by mvplife.com is controlled primarily by Life and Success Media, 145-157 St John St, London EC1V 4PY, United Kingdom, the data processor.
What Personal Information
About Customers does MVP-Life gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your online experience at MVP-Life.com or mvpmag.com. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend books and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our store and platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf. Here are the types of information we gather.
• Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
• Automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses mvplife.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of mvplife.com on other Web sites.
• E-mail Communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from mvplife.com if your computer supports such capabilities. • Information from Other Sources: we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Does MVP-Life share the Information it receives? Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. MVP-Life shares customer information only as described below and with Life and Success Media.
• Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the UK's Data Protection Act.
• With your consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information. Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
• We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. • We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing. • We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you. • It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Web sites?
Notices and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at mvp-life.com or mvpmag.com, please email us a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you. In the event of any changes to our business and our Privacy Notice we may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
When you visit a Web site, information may be stored in a file known as a "cookie." This file is stored on your computer and is used for future reference. If you revisit a Web site, the cookie allows that Web site to identify you as a returning guest and tailor your shopping experience to you. Most Web browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your Web browser's help file to learn more about these functions. The information contained in our cookies is only used by Life and Success Media. Your Web browser will not pass a cookie to a site other than the one that created it.